Truthful Tuesday: I'm 27

February 27, 2018

Sweater: Nordstrom, Jeans: Express

Today's my birthday and instead of waiting until Thursday for a Throwback Thursday I wanted to do a truthful Tuesday. One of my favorite posts here on The Petite Principle was the one I shared titled "Friday Fives: 5 Things I'd tell my 21 year old self." Now I was 26 when I posted that and today I turn 27. It's weird that it's been less than a year but yet again I'm surprising myself. There was so much truth in that post, and here's some more. I am confident. 100% confident in myself, in my beauty, in my abilities, in my talents, and in the love that I have to give to the world.

Let me back up a moment... did I just say I was 100% confident in myself? Who's is this grown woman talking and what did she do with the insecure girl? Time heals all wounds, time helps you grow, time is moving and what the last 6-7 months taught me that to speak my truth. These past few months taught me to be proud of my voice, to speak loudly and clearly, to speak strongly and with pizazz. It's funny because I always thought I was confident; I was attractive, friendly, dateable, smart but the woman that writes to you today is brand new. She's proud of who she is; she's tough because of the heartbreak that she has endured, and she's a warrior to survive the pain she's been through, you know what I like her, in fact, I love her and this woman needs to stay.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Petite Principle. Design by FCD.