SNS: My new favorite manicure + My Favorite red dress

February 18, 2018


Dress: old, similar, Boots: Ava Aiden c/o Gilt

Happy Sunday, guys! Hope you've had an awesome weekend so far. I wanted to share something that I get asked about all the time. As long as I can remember, I took care of my nails and treated myself to manicures. After growing up as a nail biting kid, my nail care took a turn and I became devoted to having nice nails in High School and in college. Painting my nails and getting manicures became a way for me to relieve stress and I even enjoyed painting my friend's nails all the time!

After many years of treating myself to weekly manicures, I realized that it wasn't convenient to my lifestyle as a working adult. I no longer to devote my time to finding a good salon, and getting them done all the time. I began to research other manicures that lasted longer. I quickly became a fan of gel manicures. Most appointments only took 30 minutes, I didn't have to wait for them to dry and they lasted me 2 weeks! It sounded ideal to me. However, the more I got gel manicures, the worst my actual nails became underneath. They weaken and began to peal, and I realized I was doing more damage than good.

I continued to do more research until I noticed my friend Jessica's nails. She always had really fun, funky designs and her nails looked so strong. I asked if they were acrylic because that's how long and sturdy they looked. I though oh dear, I don't want to go back to acrylic nails (Hello Prom 2008! Yikes!). Jessica responded no, they're my actual nails. I've started getting SNS manicures, you should try them! As I continued to ask her about the process, and the salon, I got more and more interested.

The process is a bit backwards but it's long lasting and quite lovely. It's a dip powder manicure that doesn't require UV lights or additional drying time. The powders are packed with Vitamins A, D, E and B5 to strengthen your nails and leave your manicure lasting up to 2-3 weeks! I got mine done once and they lasted me 4 full weeks. I was amazed. My nails have never grown this long naturally and have never been so strong. Here's what my most recent manicure looked like at Week 3:


I go to Rouge Nails in Bloomfield, NJ, and I love getting my nails done by Mayra and Mirian! All the ladies there are incredibly sweet, and pay such good attention to detail. They seriously take so much pride in their work. They always offer water, coffee, wine and sweet treats. Make sure you make an appointment especially on Saturdays because the place does get packed!

Thanks so much for reading today's post. Have a wonderful week!




Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Petite Principle. Design by FCD.