Friday Fives: 5 Things I'd tell my 21 year old self

May 12, 2017

Leather Jacket: BlankNYC c/o Nordstrom (I'm wearing a size S), Shirt: old, Jeans: TopShop (I'm wearing a size 28P, which is a 6P), Belt: old, Heels: Steve Madden (Surprisingly comfy & my perfect nude heel), Sunnies: Ray-Ban

I was having an interesting conversation with a friend the other day, we're both in our mid-twenties, we began to think about our college years and how "wow, I can't believe it's been 5 years already" and wow, have been working in our industries 5+ years now and as we recalled our best and worst memories of the past few years I started to think if only I could have given my 21 year old self advice.

If I could give my 21 year old self advice this is what I would say:
  1. Do not deny your truth: If you're passionate about something then do it. Don't try to convince yourself of doing the job that will pay you more, or the job that seems prestigious, do the job you love.
  2. Don't focus so much on your love life: The guy you currently think you love, you'll never end up speaking to him again. Don't worry so much about dating, don't use tinder, literally don't bother with tinder! Trust me you're going to end up on a lot of bad dates hahaha and plus you're not even going to end up meeting your BF online!
  3. Have faith: The next few years are going to be EXTRA hard, the hardest imaginable but they will definitely make you stronger. There will be plenty of growing pains but have faith, trust that God will always lead you in the right direction.
  4. Love your family: be grateful that they are supportive; they will always be supportive and proud of you regardless of what you decide to do.
  5. Be yourself: stop comparing yourself to everyone else. You're petite, stop worrying about being tall. You're Latina, be proud of your culture. You're creative, embrace it. 
I'm not old but, I'm older and I'm not wise but, I'm wiser than I once was and that 21 year old self is going to face a lot of hard truths. The best part is that she's going to conquer and survive, she's going to come out so strong and so very confident.

What advice would you share with your younger self? Let me know!

Xo,
Maia



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Petite Principle. Design by FCD.