My favorite leather jacket + Midi Dress

March 6, 2017

Jacket: BlankNYC c/o Nordstrom - now on sale!, Dress: Ann Taylor - on final sale!, Boots: Old, Backbag: Old, Watch: Olivia Burton c/o Nordstrom

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I had a really relaxing weekend. I've realized I'm officially getting older when I prefer a night in with tea and face masks instead of going out to the bar for a drink. Friday after work I met up with my friend Steph and we grabbed dinner and drinks at The Liberty on 35th Street. We both agreed we couldn't be grandmas and we'd continue the night bar hopping in Bushwick. Somehow we ended up at a Sephora after dinner and as soon as we headed back to the Bushwick we looked at each other and said let's just have a girls night in. Ready with our face masks freshly purchased from Sephora, we got into comfy pjs, masks on, tea and hot chocolate hand and watched episodes of Broad City and was in bed by 11:30pm.

Just call me Grandma Maia.

Anyway, the weather lately has been all over the place and my allergies are not appreciating it. The other day it was in the 60's and now it's like 25 degrees out! While I cross my fingers for warmer weather in NYC I wanted to share my favorite style dress even though it's breaking petite fashion rules ;) Often petites are recommended to wear shorter dress, even empire waist to appear taller. I like to break fashion rules from time to time and this time is surely one of them. This petite size midi dress from Ann Taylor hits me exactly where it's supposed to and I'm obsessed with it. Today I paired it with my favorite faux leather jacket from BLANKNYC and some chunky boots for an edgier look. There's something about a midi dress that makes me feel I'll say it, sexy, yes, who would have thought that a dress that rests below my knees would make me feel sexy but I'd say it's a mixture of sophisticated, well fitting and stylish that just makes me feel good.

Xo,
Maia

Caitee Smith Photography




Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Petite Principle. Design by FCD.