Skincare Favorites

September 5, 2016

Andalou: Night Repair Cream, Andalou: Defense Facial Lotion, Andalou: Enlighten Serum, Aquaphor: Healing Ointment

Hi everyone! I wanted to share with you all my updated skincare favorites. My skin is incredibly temperamental and super sensitive. Let's say my skin likes to misbehave and because I had so many allergies as I child I was eczema-prone. I noticed my skin started to get a little fussy lately so I decided to go all-organic and keep my skincare routine as natural as possible. I did some research and discovered Andalou was a highly rated natural skincare brand and so I decided to try them out. Initially I set out for their night cream because I had read it was very moisturizing and I was looking for a cream that would provide just that! My skin was getting really dry especially in the mornings so this night cream was exactly what I was looking for. I also needed a daily moisturizer, one that was light enough that I would wear under make up primer, and one that would not make my face really greasy. Finally, I decided to also try their brightening serum because I had never tried one before and I was intrigued. They arrived in the mail and I've been using them for about a month or so, here are my thoughts:

Andalou Naturals Turmeric Plus C Brightening Serum: 6/10 - While I have been using it for the past month, I have not seen a significant change in my skin. I don't think it's any brighter and it's stings on my face sometimes, especially around my eyes so it's not my favorite product. 

Andalou Naturals Ultra Sheer SPF 18 Daily Defense Facial Lotion: 8/10 - I love how lightweight it is on the face. It doesn't feel greasy, heavy or sticky at all and I'm a big fan of the citrus fragrance. It also doesn't leave my face looking oily after applying make up - big plus! It's very moisturizing but I still have some dry spots around the bottom portion of my face that need even more moisturizing. 

Andalou Naturals Resveratrol Q10 Night Repair Cream: 10/10 - I love this stuff! It comes in the cutest little green jar, and is so light weight but really, really moisturizing. It leaves skin feeling really smooth the next morning and moisturizes even the driest spots on my face.

BONUS PRODUCT

Aquaphor Advanced Therapy Healing Ointment Skin Protectant: 10/10 - Aquaphor has been a holy grail product of mine since I was 4 years old. I'm serious. Remember when I mentioned I had ecezma, yeah well it was really bad and lasted for years but Aquaphor saved my skin big time. While it didn't take it away completely (it went away when I outgrew my allergies), but it was really moisturizing for my dry, itchy skin. I still use it on my arms, my face, my legs, my feet, everywhere! The downfall is that it is greasy so I tend not to use it when I'm wearing make up or wearing long sleeve shirts (because it gets stuck on clothing), but I truly will always use this product!

Thanks for reading!

Xo,
Maia



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Petite Principle. Design by FCD.