Puerto Rico: Where to stay & where to go!

April 23, 2016

This year I took the time to visit my beautiful second home again but with some very special visitors. My roomie, her boo and mine :) This was my first couples trip and it was better than I could've imagined. Like I like to do, we planned ahead -- about 2-3 months ahead. We figured out which month would be best and most affordable to travel, we researched where to stay and ended up deciding on trying an Airbnb. After hearing all the horror stories, I personally was skeptical but she stayed at an Airbnb in Hawaii and loved the service. We gave it a shot and couldn't have been more pleased!

We rented a sweet apartment with an adorably decorated patio from a lovely couple. The couple, artists, had the most colorful and decorated apartment I have ever seen. It's true you can tell so much about people by their home!

Day One:
After a late night bar hopping on Ashford Avenue in the Condado neighborhood of San Juan, the 4 of us spent the day at the beach. We couldn't have asked for better weather, seriously the weather gods were on our side. We grabbed some local munchies and headed off to visit some of my family. 

Day Two:
My boyfriend and I took an hour and a half hour drive to the center of the island to go zip-lining. Tom nor I had ever gone zip-lining before and were ecstatic to try it in the mountains of Puerto Rico! We went to Toro Verde, a zip-lining park in Orocovis, PR. We rode The Beast line and soared through the sky. It was the most exhilarating experience of the life. I literally felt like I was flying through the mountains until I got stuck because I wasn't heavy enough - haha, it would only happen to me! 

Later that day the 4 of us went hiking through El Yunque, an enormous rainforest about 45 minutes outside of San Juan. I'd recommend bug spray, and comfy sneakers for the hike and your bathing suit for the gorgeous waterfall that you'll find at the end. It's a delicious treat at the end of a killer hike.
Day Three:
There are a few islands of the coast of Puerto Rico, one of them being Culebra. I had always heard it was stunning but it was even more amazing than I could've imagined. We booked a snorkeling excursion with East Island Excursions and took a catamaran about 45 minutes out to Culebra and snorkeled in the sunshine.

Literally paradise. 

Puerto Rico is heaven on earth, and you don't even need a passport to travel there ;)

Xo,
Maia
  




Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Petite Principle. Design by FCD.