Sweet Saint Augustine

February 3, 2016

Hi loves! I took a trip to Florida recently & as you know I'm a fan of the beach but this time I got to see a whole different side of Florida. I went to visit my boo in Saint Augustine, about 2 hours east of Orlando. As the Northerner that I am, I didn't realize that there was much more than Universal Studios and Ocean Avenue but I was wrong. The charming city of Saint Augustine is a city rich in culture, Spanish culture specifically. The architecture is simply gorgeous, Spanish style molding on every roof, and cobble stone streets that take you back in time. It reminded me so much of Puerto Rico! El Castillo of San Marcos was basically a mini Morro and the Spanish influence was vibrant.
Known for being the oldest city in the US there was something so inviting and so welcoming about the city. A beloved city by all of its inhabitants, was a home away from home. We bumped into a few people and asked how they made their way to Saint Augustine. Few said they had lived here all their lives, another couple said they met at Flagler College in the heart of Saint Augustine and a few encouraged me to move down. Being the NYC girl that I am, it would be hard for me to leave the city that never sleeps but it's definitely a great spot for a vacay.
We continued our exploring and reaches Flagler College and understood exactly how those couples could have fallen in love here. The brick, the architecture, the Spanish Moss, I mean come on people, the place screamed romance! 

The weather was a little cooler, cooler than I would've expected for Florida but pleasant nonetheless so my casual chic ensemble did the trick. 

I'd recommend stopping by the smoke & bull bar for some drinks. Our bartender was literally Miley Cyrus' twin which provided some entertainment and Columbia which had some delicious Spanish/Cuban food!

Thanks for reading!

Xo,
Maia

Top: American Eagle (old)
Ripped Jeans: Forever 21 (similar)
Heels: Nordstrom Rack (similar)
Crossbody: Madewell (same bag, different color)

Photos by Thomas Rehberg

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Petite Principle. Design by FCD.