Casual Days

November 10, 2015


It's always good to take a personal health day. I believe that sometimes we just need a day to relax, and unwind from our daily stresses. A day to remind ourselves that there's more to life than from our work or our relationships. I've started to read Thrive by Ariana Huffington which discusses just that. We as a society get so absorbed by work and by the day to day of our lives that we get lost and over stressed. Some of us don't realize we have even gotten to that level until we've literally collapsed from the exhaustion. This is simply a reminder not to reach that point folks! Remember each day is precious and that we all need to take it easy and notice the little things. 

My best friend came to visit from Texas and her visit encouraged me to take the day off. It reminded me that friendships are important and that the office would be fine without me for one day. It allowed me to mentally recharge my own battery, because sometimes weekends aren't enough! While we're so concerned about how long our laptop or phone batteries might last, we have to remember about recharging ourselves so we can be better and do better. 

Xo,
Maia

Photos by Cynthia of SeeStyleRun

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Petite Principle. Design by FCD.