Weekend Wear: Girls Night Out

February 17, 2015

Coat: old, similarSweater: old, similarSkirt: H&M, Necklace: J.Crew Factory and Francesca's Boutique (on sale now!), Over the Knee Socks: Forever 21, Clutch: old, similar, Bracelet: J.Crew Factory, Watch: Michael Kors, Boots: old

Whether it's bar hopping around the city or exchanging gossip over a fabulous dinner; everyone knows girls nights are the best nights. When I spend a night out with my gals, it always reminds me of the nights early on in our friendship. Endless laughs, singing, dancing, and swapping stories about our love interests. The older I get, the more I love and appreciate those girls nights out.

So of course I stared at my closet clueless not knowing what to wear but I was feeling funky and decided to mix soft pastels with edgy leather, and BAM this outfit was created. Sometimes my outfit are thoroughly planned out and some not so much but I do love seeing the development of an outfit. I love tweaking and planning around with different fabrics and textures but I digress. Y'all know the process of getting ready for a girls night goes! Anyway, the girls and I planned a night out bar hopping in the city so I knew my quilted leather skirt was coming out to play. I'm in love with winter pastels so I added this pale blue sweater too. It took some time to decide between over the knee socks and black tights but eventually the socks won. Granted, I haven't worn socks like these high school because they were part of the uniform but I actually loved how it looked!  My jewels were a mix of golds and silvers which is always fun and a trend that should wear more often. Finally, to top it off I walked out the door with my studded Forever 21 clutch which is old but so very loved.

The night ended with full bellies, empty glasses and wonderful new memories.

xo,
Maia

Photos by Vianel De La Cruz




Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Petite Principle. Design by FCD.