Winter Red

January 19, 2015


Okay so I own a lot of red items. Way more than I thought I did but I must admit the color red just seems fun and bold and lively to me, so I will continue to wear it, happily. I mean come on, who doesn't love wearing red lipstick from time to time. On this particular day I was headed to a holiday party and it was absolutely freezing. Oh the pleasures of living in the North East...anyway, I wanted to add a pop of color because although I love all black ensembles, adding pops of color really made me happy.

I had been on a search for a while for an Olivia Pope/Scandal inspired coat, one that was cape-esque but one that would definitely keep me warm. Then I found this lovely piece on the Macy's website in petite! It truly makes me happy to find petite pieces in stores and online. It wansalso available in black, but I already own a black peacoat and a off white color but I was afraid it would get dirty quickly so I opted for the red.  

Underneath I'm wearing all black. A simple black cardigan from Loft, black bodycon dress from Asos and black tights from Uniqlo. Uniqlo tights are seriously the bomb.com and I might have to dedicate an entire post to them because I'm such a fan. I added a gold jeweled collar/bib necklace from Jewelmint, a chunky infinity scarf from J.Crew Factory, and MAC's Ruby Woo and I was out the door. 

Thanks for reading! 

Xo, Maia

Coat: Macy's 
Cardigan: Loft
Dress: Asos
Tights: Uniqlo
Boots: Banana Republic
Ring: Jewelmint
Necklace: Jewelmint
Bracelet: J.Crew Factory
Earrings: Banana Republic

Pictures by Sandra Cristina 

2 comments

Latest Instagrams

© The Petite Principle. Design by FCD.