Winter Off-White & some more rambling...

January 13, 2015


Sometimes you just have one of those weeks. It usually happens to me at the beginning of a new year, I get super pumped and excited for the new year and am reminded of the same ol' stuff from last year. If only we could completely wipe the slate clean the minute the clock strikes midnight on the New Year's Eve. Then I remind myself...

There is something magical about the new year though, it does remind us of the possibility and opportunities in our possession to start fresh, a new beginning, a chance to become better versions of myself. That was one of my many resolutions this year. I wanted to year to be about me and to be honest, I don't care how selfish that sounds. I don't mean it in an angry way but I think I have to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. What steps do I need to take in terms of my career, my personal relationships, my health, my spiritual health (this is a big one) to be the person i desire to be. That is what my 2015 will be all about.

When I think about fresh starts and things anew that makes me think of light a bright colors, things that sparkle and shine like the shoes I'm wearing above ;) I really do love creams/off whites/blush tones. They are soft and romantic yet sophisticated and I'm guilty for having about 25-30 cream/off white/blush colored tops and sweaters in my closet. #sorrynotsorry. Whoever created the rule that you couldn't wear white after labor day lied or perhaps they didn't know how to incorporate it. I personally like to pair them with neutral pieces and I'm a huge fan of monochrome outfits. Seriously, don't be afraid to bring out those white jeans!

Also, who doesn't love shiny things? I might not be dripping in bling but I'm a sucker for metallics and extravagant earrings because WHY THE HELL NOT? :)))) These pair from Bauble Bar are my favorite, literally my favorite and they had them in other colors; I'm so tempted to buy all of them because they make me feel fancy. *queue Iggy Azalea's "Fancy"*

The peplum sweater, wool slacks and metallic heels are all Banana Republic. I'm a fan of the peplum because it accentuates the waist and adds girly flair to a traditional corporate outfit. The rose gold heels and statement earrings speak for themselves and add the perfect amount of sparkle to the outfit. 

Thanks for reading!

xo, Maia

Photos by Sandra Cristina

1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Petite Principle. Design by FCD.