These are a few of my favorite things...

December 1, 2014


It's the most wonderful timeeeee of the year! Indeed it is and it's my favorite time of the year so I figured why not share a few of my favorite things ;)  There were a few beauty and fashion items that I discovered this year that have become staples in my daily life and I wanted to share. I think these will make wonderful gifts for a friend or even for yourself! 

This year I decided to make beauty/fashion resolution in addition to my usual "exercise more" resolution. The beauty resolutions have been much easier to keep  I made two beauty/fashion resolutions, 1. Wear bold lipstick and 2. accessorize more. My reason for both were that I wanted to liven up my style and wardrobe. I have always had a simple style and wore minimum accessories but I wanted to change it up a bit in 2014. Some of the items I have listed below were new fun additions to my beauty routine and closet. I think they would make great gifts this holiday season. Check them out!

1.) NARS - Audacious Lipstick: The creamiest lipsticks and the colors are so opaque! They are a bit more on the pricer side but if you're willing to splurge they are worth it. 

2.) Anastasia Beverly Hills - Brow Wiz: I was lucky enough to get my good eyebrow shape from my grandma, thanks abuela! but I do fill them in a little with this brow pencil and it has been a staple in my daily makeup routine. I use the color Dark Brown which was previously called Brunette and a little goes a long way for me. 

3.) Josie Maran - Argan Oil Hair Serum: I discovered this gem at the beginning of 2014 and have recommended it to many of my friends! I like it even more than Moroccan Oil and I swore by Moroccan Oil. It makes my hair so incredibly soft and I apply just a small dab in damp hair and then blow dry. It really saved my hair, I never get split ends anymore!

4.) Banana Republic - Sloan Sheath Dress: Seen here and here. Clearly I love this dress and can you blame me? It is so figure flattering and can be styled in many ways. It would make a great dress for a holiday party and now they have even more colors to choose from.

5.) Lyla&Bo - The Bleecker Hat: OBSESSED with this hat. Actually obsessed might be an understatement. I get complimented so much every time I wear it and I must say the quality is so great. I was lucky enough to meet the lovely Australian ladies from Lyla&Bo and there entire hat selection is incredible. 

6.) Statement Necklaces: I couldn't just feature one because I've become statement necklace obsessed this year! 

7.) Sonix - iPhone 6 Case: I order mine through Nordstrom's website before my phone even arrived because I thought it was so cute. I originally discovered them through Instagram and they have a great selection of iPhone and Android cases. 

8.) Hot Tools Curling Iron 1 in. barrel: Obsessed with this curling iron, it leaves me with the perfect curls every time!

9.) Kate Space iPad Mini Case: Such a handy find and it's so cute. I'm a big fan of all things Kate Space, I love the cute and classic styles.

10.) J.Crew Jewelry Tray: I have bought 2 of these within the last year, and they are great. They are lovely decorative pieces and make great gifts.
Here's another tray I picked up on Black Friday! Love it!

I hope you enjoy my suggestions. Happy Shopping!

xo, Maia

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Petite Principle. Design by FCD.