Stepping Out of your Comfort Zone: My thoughts for 2015

December 29, 2014

This has been one incredible year and I can confidently say that it has been the best year of my life so far. I'm young but I've done a lot in my life, I've traveled, I've studied and I've met amazing people but 2014 changed my life. I didn't meet a celebrity, I didn't win the lottery but yet I feel as if I did. It wasn't just one person that made my year stupendous but its the many that I got to know over the past 12 months. It is the relationships that I formed, the countless conversations that I had and all the self reflections afterwards that made this year the best year of my life. Oh, and I started this blog! I can't forget that and that in itself has been a wonderful surprise. Had you asked me a year ago that I would have a blog I would've laughed in your face, I surely wouldn't have believed you but after the year I've had I am so glad that I had the courage to create this. 2014 was really about being courageous and trying new things and stepping out of my comfort zone. 
I guess you could say I'm somewhat predictable, I like routines and I thrive on having control over every aspect of my life. I recently learned how mentally, emotionally and physically exhausting that is. Like the song in Frozen says, "Let it Go" and I've finally learned how. I'm still learning of course and I will learn more every day but there's something bittersweet about breaking down the walls that you yourself have built and starting anew, with a fresh perspective and actual confidence. Stepping out of my comfort zone has been terrifying for me as I explained before I like knowing what is coming next but the best things happen when you back off and manipulate less. That was the biggest lesson I learned this year and boy was it life changing. It is such an incredible feeling when you just let things happen and I don't mean stop making plans for your future or not putting in work, hell no. You must put in work, lots of work and you must make a plan but don't worry if your plan doesn't work out the way you intended it to, trust and believe that it will only be better than you could've imagined. 
So what are my predictions and wishes for the new year? I truly believe from the bottom of my heart that the best is yet to come and that 2015 will be the best year yet. I wish for health, lots of happiness and endless laughter. I wish for friendly reunions, more fun photoshoots like the one seen above and for growth because we can never stop learning. 

Here's to an amazing 2015!

xo, Maia

Photos by Pedro Morales


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Petite Principle. Design by FCD.